Our highly skilled teams bring quality technical services, that have been refined over 36 years, directly to customer sites.
Our Field Services Capabilities:
- Locomotive and Wagon Technical Services
- Training and Advisory Services
We guarantee the same quality of work carried out in our Rail Services Hub would be available at customer sites.
You can rely on Traxtion’s best in the field to diagnose and troubleshoot faults, attend to breakdowns and load-box test your locomotives.
Locomotive and wagon services
Our team of technical experts can be dispatched to customer sites at short notice to speedily respond to breakdowns and other problems that may be encountered during the operation of rolling stock.
- Locomotive and Wagon Diagnostics
- Locomotive and Wagon Maintenance
- Scheduled maintenance interventions on locomotives and wagons
- Unscheduled maintenance interventions on locomotives and wagons
- Attending to breakdowns (incl. supply of spares and parts)
Reporting & Testing
- Locomotive and Wagon Wheel Measurement and Condition Reporting
- Locomotive Technical Audits, Condition Inspections, and Fault Diagnostics Troubleshooting
- Mobile load-box testing
- Calibration of locomotive systems and instrumentation
Training and Advisory Services
Through our Training Centre, we can deliver on-site novice and refresher training to members of your staff. Our trainers, who are fully accredited by the National Artisan Moderation Body (NAMB) and Transport Education Training Authority (TETA), can deliver training on over 20 technical and operational courses.
We also offer advisory services to our customers through our SHREQ department, which is well acquainted with the rail standards set by the Railway Safety Regulator and South African National Standard 3000-1.
- Train drivers
- Locomotive operators
- Train driver assistants
- Network & level crossing risk assessments
- Audit train operations and Safety Management Systems
- Assist in obtaining RSR permits
- Setting up RSR Safety Management System